It is with a very heavy heart that we are listing our 1986 13’ Scamp towable fiberglass trailer. We purchased it from the previous owner in 2018 for a cross-country trip that summer, but before then it had been used very rarely (we were told roughly 5 times in 9 years). We completely gutted/remodeled the interior in 2018, including replacing the flooring, painting the inside walls and cabinets, replacing the cushions, welding some damage done to the frame, etc. Some of the original features, e.g. stove-top and refrigerator were removed since they were beyond repair and we wanted to include more storage / countertop space. We also removed the interior table to include a custom full bed (twin mattress + foam padding); can’t even tell you how well we sleep in the Scamp!
Our remodel was even featured in Apartment Therapy’s “Best Vintage Travel Trailer Makeovers on Instagram” – see article here and @happyscampers_ for more pictures from the remodel and trip that summer.
It’s currently stored in a covered garage in the dry Utah climate and has been kept in excellent condition since the initial repairs.
- Solar panel installed on the roof; Yeti Goal Zero 400w generator included with purchase ($450 value on Amazon); great for smaller electronics, including phones, rechargeable lights, etc.
- Includes 2 spare tires
- Rear slide screened back window, side windows, and ceiling vent/escape window all in good condition
- Inside cushions in excellent shape; purchased in 2018 from Scamp Headquarters and no mildew smell
- There is plenty of storage in the compartments under the front bench and in the kitchen cabinets, all thoroughly cleaned and sanded/painted in 2018
- Birch tree wallpaper and new knobs seen throughout on cabinets
- We welded a custom frame on the front of the Scamp to attach a generator; generator and adapter included with sale ($500 value) for items included more voltage (e.g. some coffee pots)
- The lighting is wired for 110v or battery operation
- New AC installed in 2018; great condition
- Homemade reflective Velcro shields for all windows to keep the Scamp nice and cool in the summer heat
- Bolt lock installed to lock from the inside (in addition to outside door lock)
- New water-resistant flooring
- Includes original manuals, documentation, and paperwork needed
- New butcher-block cutting board
- Custom curtains in gray/white fabric
Happy to answer any questions. We’re unfortunately moving to a new location that doesn’t have adequate outdoor storage space, and are so sad to be selling the Scamp, but we feel lucky to have been a part of its story and hope it finds a home that will enjoy it as much as we did!
Located in Part City, Utah