Yes U-Haul used to make campers! Originally intended for rentals, U-Haul got out of the camper business in the early 1990’s. These are pretty rare finds with U-Haul making less than 2,500 of these. This 13 foot trailer is fiberglass and super light, our Crosstrek with a 1,500 lb towing capacity can haul her.
We are currently asking for $5,200 OBO, make an offer! for her which includes our purchase price plus the out of pocket costs we incurred for the following upgrades.
(The Good News)
- Brand new hitch/tongue and wiring harness
- New rear stabilizer jacks installed
- Tons of original decals, cushions (intact and no smells, minimal wear in places)and features
- Replaced swamp cooler with vent
- Replaced icebox with working electric fridge/freezer
- All electric and gas work to best of our knowledge
- Flooring replaced with neutral carpet
- New tires with less than 200 miles on them
(The Usual U-Haul Quirks)
- Window seals may need touch ups
- Solar may or may not work
- New battery will need to be installed
- Frame is in expected condition
- Rear bumper could use some touch ups
All in all, she is in great shape, ready for the road, and ready for someone to make her their own. Please feel free to DM with any questions or requests for more information. Please note we have posted this in several locations (Facebook, Craigslist, etc.). Thanks!