Make the most of your summer and escape in this fully outfitted nearly-new camper!
Model is completely self-sufficient, with a full bathroom, kitchen, air conditioning, generator, security features, parts, with loads of accessories and comfortable amenities.
Rare, custom, American made, shiny and still smells new!
Generator included for off-the-grid living
This amazing 2017 Scamp is in great condition and comes with all the accessories you need to get your journey started tomorrow! With a complete bathroom and kitchen, this camper is ideal for quarantining on the road with 2-3 people. With a kitchen, toilet, and shower, no rest stops are needed! The bed comfortably sleeps two and converts to a table that seats four. The side dinette seats two and converts to a bed for one. The interior clearance is 6’3” and the horizontal width of the bed is 6’6”. This Scamp model is 16-foot Standard (layout #6). Weighing about 2400lbs when tanks are empty, you don't even need a huge truck to tow this baby around! There is ample storage for multi-week road trips.
The camper is in nearly-new condition, used for about a dozen trips in the Rocky Mountain region totalling about 6,000 miles. It is maneuverable enough to get to many dispersed camp spots with ease. With the generator included, you can boondock with the comfort of A/C and full electricity whenever and wherever you need it. Air conditioning also means you can keep your four-legged family members safe and comfortable when visiting National Park attractions that do not allow dogs on trails and landmarks. The multi-direction adjustable fan is impressively good at cooling in high mountain areas.
Scamp Trailers are "molded fiberglass trailers" using a one-piece upper and lower mold that is then joined at a horizontal center seam. This process is what makes "molded fiberglass travel trailers" unique from other types of RV's and much less prone to leaking. This style is also popular for being lightweight (2400lbs) compared to other models with similar length and features.
The Scamp factory only makes a few hundred of these per year, and each one is built to order in the USA (Backus, Minnesota). At the time of this listing, there were no other new-ish Scamps for sale in the state of Colorado. There are lots of new trendy camper companies out there, but Scamp has been around since 1972 and has a long standing stellar customer service track record, resources for replacement parts, and even a specialist you can talk to on the phone. Unlike many campers and RVs, Scamp trailers rarely see recalls and are known to retain and even increase their value at resale. For committed owners, it is durable enough to use for a lifetime or hand down to family, which is why used models are so hard to come by. Do some research and you will find generations of die-hard Scamp enthusiasts through groups like Scamp Owners International.
I spoke with the Scamp sales department directly on July 23, 2020 and they told me that new orders of basic models will be delivered in late February 2021. Deluxe models and models with certain features will not be delivered until the END of Summer 2021. When this Scamp was ordered, it took 9 months to be delivered and came about two months later than the quoted delivery date. With Covid anticipated to continue through the year, these timelines are probably best case scenarios from the manufacturer.
This is a rare opportunity to get a nearly new, still shiny, custom built Scamp while skipping the long waiting line at the manufacturer! With so many owner added amenities listed below, this is really a turn-key opportunity to safely travel the country this summer.
Make your outdoor dreams a reality while safely distancing during Covid-19. Scamps are always a hot ticket, and given current travel restrictions it is priced accordingly.
Don’t be afraid to make me an offer! ALL REASONABLE OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
STANDARD FACTORY FEATURES:
- Marine Toilet
- Black water tank
- Grey water tank
- City water hookup
- Gas hot water heater
- 12-gal fresh water tank
- Refrigerator (1.9 cubic feet, gas, A/C, and D/C)
- On board car battery power
- Electric brakes
- Mounted stabilizer brakes
- Power converter-charger
- Spare tire wheel and cover
- 2-burner propane stove
- Kitchen sink
- Silverware drawer
- Brown cushions
- Tilt-out windows (keeps rain out when open)
- Fire extinguisher
- Branded keychain
- Roof air conditioner
- MaxxAir Maxxfan, speed & direction adjustable w/remote
- Bathroom fan
- Dual propane tank mount and tanks
- Screen Door
- Porch light
- Tongue hitch light
- Kitchen window
- Stove backsplash
- 2” receiver hitch
- Vinyl Flooring
- Outside GFI outlet
- 3 interior A/C outlets
- 1 interior D/C outlet
- Outlet for microwave setup
- Bedside reading lights
- Exterior step
- Front wheel jack
- Wooden stove cover
- 2” receiver for bike rack on rear bumper
This Scamp has been tended to with great care and attention. The interior is sold along with a number of owner upgrades for functional use of space and comfortable amenities.
- Champion Generator, allowing A/C use when off the grid (3100 starting watts/2800 running watts, retails for $700, also has aftermarket digital use monitor showing only 40.9 hours of use)
- Bike lock provided to secure generator to rig when left unattended
- Interior string lights, for cabin, and inside some cabinets (AA-battery powered)
- USB adapter
- Reading/lounging bolster
- Two camper-themed dish towels (lightly used and washed in hot water)
- Two placemats (never used)
- Double sheets (lightly used and washed in hot water)
- Two white shower towels (lightly used and washed in hot water)
- Teak shower floor (removable)
- Mesh guards (2) for sink and shower
- Mounted shower caddy
- Shower floor squeegee
- Water saving high pressure shower head
- Full length mirror
- Approximately 17 Command hooks mounted for everywhere-storage
- Curtain tie-backs
- Collapsable dish rack
- Metal stove burner covers
- Hanging bedside caddies (2)
- Attractive sinkside storage mounted for spices, sponges, drying silverware
- Mounted magazine/book storage baskets
- Mounted paper towel holder
- Warm-tinted high efficiency LED bulbs in most fixtures
- One string outdoor multi-color party lights (AA battery powered)
- Factory light placement is often at eye level when seated, so you will see red tape applied to soften the light.
- Fly swatter
- Collapsible space-saving bucket for flushing black water at dump stations
- Two rolls of septic safe toilet paper
Being new owners of a camper often means a lot of trips to the hardware store as you get to know your new tiny home. Along with the Scamp, I am including a large amount of extra supplies and tools to secure and maintain the rig.
- Two nearly-full propane tanks
- Cover to protect exterior
- Multiple septic treatment products
- Replacement rivets and Stanley rivet tool
- Brahma 3-prong wheel lock/chock (retail: $270)
- Hitch ball lock
- Reinforced interior with oak beams below cabinets and seats
- 50-foot white drinking water hose
- Camco brass 40-50 PSI water pressure regulator
- Brass in-line water hose on/off ball valve
- Camco in-line hose water filters
- Camco Schrader valve blow-out plug for winterization
- Camco tongue jack stand
- 30-amp power cord with extension cord and standard A/C adaptor
- Lynx Levelers parking blocks with mating chocks
- ¾ gallon of RV antifreeze
- Extra fuses
- Extra LED light bulbs
- Graphite lubricant for screen door slider
- Multiple types of RV silicone
- Two parking cones
- Two seven gallon jerry cans, with spout fitted to Scamp tank input, allowing you to carry 27 gallons that will sustain you for days.
This unit has just one very minor, non-urgent repair pending--a few rivets need to be replaced and with silicone caulk added. The tools and supplies required for this repair are included. After reinforcing the beams under the seats and kitchen, some screw holes remain in the fiberglass. This cosmetic issue is not very noticeable, but can be hidden by filling the holes with white silicone caulk. Some of the cabinet interiors are adorned with stickers from places traveled, but there is plenty of room remaining to add your own! The interior and exterior have been thoroughly cleaned. All original paperwork, including appliance guides, will be provided. The Scamp is sold as-is.
This Scamp is located in Lakewood Colorado and it will be sold as-is. Please check your vehicle’s towing capacity before contacting me. I have provided photos of nearly every detail in this listing, so please review these carefully before contacting me with questions. Serious buyers will be allowed to visit the Scamp and view the interior. BYO mask, hand sanitizer will be provided. Pickup only.
Please let me know how you heard about this opportunity!