It is with a heavy heart we are listing our beloved 2011 16’ Scamp for sale. It is the side-dinette model (layout 6). We purchased our Scamp 2 years ago and have made some wonderful memories (as well as some wonderful upgrades!) since. However, we are moving on to our next chapter and are now ready to bestow our little egg on to its new owner.
The camper is fit with nearly every option available from Scamp (see detailed list below). It is in excellent cosmetic shape with just a few nicks/scratches on the front from regular road wear & tear. The exterior was freshly waxed in the fall of 2017. There are no current leaks or known mechanical issues.
The interior is in nearly perfect condition. We have spent countless hours and upwards of $1500 on custom upgrades including painting all the cabinets, replacing all the hardware, installing new lighting, adding a teak floating floor in the bathroom, making custom curtains/bunting, making a butcher block stove cover, installing top-of-the-line Maxxis tires, as well as adding a solar system and a new high-capacity battery bank.
The camper is fully outfitted for boon docking/off-grid use. In fact, since adding solar in 2017 we have not connected our camper to shore power. We simply park it, place the panel in the sun, and pick it up on the way out of town with a fresh charge. When camping we use propane for the refrigerator so we are able to go anywhere a tent can go.
Price is $14,500. Cash/cashier’s check only. Title is clear and MN tabs are paid through Feb 2019. We’re located in the twin cities metro area. We are available by appointment most days to show the camper. If there are multiple offers we will prioritize first by bid and then first-come first-serve. We do have a storage spot we can sign over if desired. Detailed specs are as follows…
Factory options included:
- Full bathroom with shower, toilet, sink
- Three speed “fantastic” roof fan
- Roof air conditioner with heat strip
- 4.6 cubic foot gas/electric refrigerator
- Furnace (16,000 BTU)
- Gas hot water heater
- Extra interior 12 volt lights
- Electric brakes
- Gravel shield
- 10 ft awning (green)
- Dual 20 lb propane tanks
- Screen door
- All optional windows, cabinets, and drawers
- 2” receiver hitch for bike racks, etc.
- Exterior ground fault outlet
- 12 volt fresh water pump and 12 volt grey water pump
- 12 gallon fresh water tank, 20 gal grey water tank
- Front porch light
- City water hookup
- Fire extinguisher, propane gas detector
- Vinyl flooring
- All cabinets, doors, and side dinette table painted with 3 coats white latex enamel
- All hinges/pulls upgraded to brushed nickel
- New 12V brushed nickel reading lights
- Handmade white curtains and rear window bunting
- Handmade butcher-block stove cover
- Custom teak floating floor for bathroom
- Custom solar power system & battery bank installed in 2017:
- 50 W lightweight/flexible solar panel – easily moved and stored.
- 25 ft solar cable – allows placement in direct sunlight even if parked in shade.
- 20 A charge controller with 2 USB outlets and voltage meter.
- Two new high capacity 6V Duracell 230 AH deep cycle golf cart batteries wired in series for 12V output.
- Progressive Dynamics Charge Wizard 4-stage charge controller.
- New top-of-the-line Maxxis M8008 trailer tires installed 2017 (~2000 miles of use)
- New exterior door lock/handle set
- New electronic thermostat for heat (more accurate than stock mechanical one)
- New fire/carbon monoxide detector
- Full length mirror, toilet paper holder, Ikea suction hooks (won’t damage fiberglass)
Additional included items:
- All original manuals and documentation
- Portable waste water tank
- Tire jack for leveling trailer side to side
- Scissor style tire jack & wrench
- Sway bar
- Hitch locks
- Wheel chocks
- Portable, foldable outside step
- Closet, bathroom door organizer
- Other miscellaneous items if desired: old cabinet hardware, old interior lights, butyl tape, replacement rivets/caps, sanitizing supplies, trash can, new strike plate, etc.