I am selling my 1991 Casita Spirit Deluxe model camper. It is a 16ft camper and as best as I can tell weighs between 1500-1750lb dry. As it is vintage, it is not “factory” or “stock”. Several changes and modifications have been necessitated over the years. This model has a rear dinette that converts to a nearly full-sized bed. Side storage bench seat (not dinette, though can easily be modified into a dinette) that doubles as a twin-size bed, wet-bath with toilet, sink, and shower; kitchenette with microwave, electric fridge, propane stove, and sink, closet, interior A/C (not rooftop) that blows very cold.
Repairs/modifications that have been made:
• sub-floor replacement and repair with water resistant flooring grade ¾ inch plywood topped with waterproof wood-look vinyl. Still needs molding installed around fixtures
• all-new trailer connection wiring
• new wiring, fuses, and light fixtures where needed throughout
• new marine-grade battery
• new two-way dump valve and plumbing to toilet
• burnt-up water heater removed and compartment sealed - all pipes and wiring intact for reinstall, or area can be used for storage
• side dinette converted into bench with storage. Does not currently function as a dinette but could easily be modified into a dinette (comes with table and hardware) or could be modified into bunk beds like the heritage model
• cabinet doors sealed and painted (some scuffs and scratches exist and some could use another coat of paint), hardware replaced. Still needs new latches on some doors.
• Brand new spare tire.
Current problems/issues that still need to be addressed:
• Rear dinette table has some water damage (from being outside) and needs to be replaced. I can have one made for you or you can choose to make your own.
• Exterior door latch needs replaced. I'll provide the parts.
• Three rivets in kitchenette above the stove needs to be replaced - can be replaced with bolts or new rivets
Please email with any questions. The camper is currently located in FRANKLIN NC. I do not live there, but I can arrange for it to be shown to you in that area. I will not arrange to show you the camper unless you have a serious interest in buying. The camper is usable as is (with missing rivets and door handle replaced), but with a few more upgrades and repairs would really be an awesome trailer. I purchased it a couple years ago and am the third owner, with the PO having it for over 20 years. I'm only selling because I’m in nursing school and need the money for college tuition, and I no longer have time to use it or continue to renovate it.
This camper does not have an awning but did previously. Holes have been sealed, but are still intact if you'd like to reattach an awning. It was destroyed in a storm and I realized afterward that this camper tows WAY better without the awning - much less sway.
Replaced floors with table reinstalled
Above photo shows view of rear dinette when assembled as a bed. The side dinette area shown in this photo is no longer as pictured and is instead one bench seat.
Above photo shows location of water heater prior to removal, new battery, capped pipes.
Above photo shows location of missing rivets
Above photo shows a small crack in the fiberglass above the refridgerator compartment.
Above photo shows missing pieces of the door handle that need to be replaced. Again, I can provide the parts or you can choose to do your own thing.