1986 Scamp 16’ Fiberglass Trailer Project. Layout 4 (with front bunks and side bath)
Been passed around several times. It seems it was driven into some type of overhead obstruction and the roof has been repaired with RV roof seal. Or maybe someone was walking on the roof without realizing it was a “no no” on a Scamp?
Description of status of original items in the trailer:
- wet bath and toilet all working
- refrigerator only working in electric mode
- grey water and black water tanks are clean
- folding dinette table with new Scamp folding hinges (bare plywood table)
- Awning slight tear in front, cover snaps are broken and using a bungeed to keep closed.
- floor replaced in moisture damaged areas with epoxy coated CDX plywood.
- gas furnace works but poorly.
- Gas oven is disabled and needs parts
- Water heater has been removed and is missing
- 3 burner gas range top works
- Scamp front windows has been replaced with a modified plexiglass window
- manual countertop hand pump leaks.
- Existing 12 volt water pump works
- Exterior fiberglass is original and somewhat faded
- Spare tire bracket is folding retractable style
Partial List of completion items needed:
- Need to replace existing 7” electrical brakes as they have a problem grabbing and wiring has been disconnected for safety.
- Need a new propane tank as the old one age limit had expired
- Need to verify existing Geo Cell patches on the roof of over some cracks are not leaking
Items completed by this owner:
- Has new plumbing system with combination of CPVC and HydroMax vinyl tubing
- Has 3-new Green Ball Towmaster 13” SYT17580R13 trailer rated tires
- Has new 7 wire electrical connection and interior junction box
- Has new Scamp 12 volt outside entry light
- Has new 2” bolt on hitch tongue coupler to replace 1-7/8” ball (recommend it should also be welded)
- Has new vinyl flooring over the main floor and aisle.
- Has new matching floral pattern slip covers over all cushions.
Published Trailer weight = 2,200 lbs., tongue weight = 220 lbs. Tongue Hitch height is 18”
Title is Clean and will be signed and exchanged for the cash funds during the registration process at the Washington State approved Tab and Title agency in Anacortes WA.
Cash and local pick up only